Senior Software Engineer
at Verticalmove, Inc. in Arizona-Phoenix
Please contact me for any questions: ashatzka (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
We're building one of the most widely known online consumer brands. We're backed by outstanding financial firms such as Kleiner Perkins and Goldman Sachs, raising just shy of $200MM in capital, in late 012' completed our successful Initial Public Offering (IPO) and now are reporting more than 1/4 billion in annual revenues.
· We’re seeking a senior J2EE application developer having 9 or more years of experience who has played a key role within each phase of the software development lifecycle.
· Ability to create medium - large sized Java applications from start to finish on their own. This includes but is not limited to the following: customer interaction, validating requirements, system design, development of complex SQL queries, interactions with a J2EE application server (preferably Web Logic), experience with the various J2EE APIs, development builds, application deployments, integration/enterprise testing, and support of applications within a production environment.
· Write middle-tier Java code
· Ensure that every coding path is unit tested and nearly bug free
· Participate in full integration testing
· Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment
Platform and Skill Set Expertise:
· Web Development : HTML, JSP, Apache
· Data search, mobile app and platform development experience.
· QA Testing : Unit test case Development/ JUnit
· Software/Application Development : J2EE, Axis XML Web Services, Struts, JSP , Java Script , SOAP, Web Logic Application Server 10g, Oracle 11g, Linux
· Database Development : Oracle
· Design Skills & Tools : UML, Object Oriented Design, Visio
· Source Code Control : Subversion
· 9 or more years of system development experience using the following technologies: Java i18n, J2EE Technologies including JSP/Servlets, EJB3, JMS, JDBC, JMX, JMS, Web Services/SOA, XML, XSL, SOAP
· 9 or more recent years of experience in data integration/architecture, enterprise information integration and/or ETL.
· Experience architecting and developing web-based systems, data processing systems, and enterprise integration systems
· Experience using different development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
· Experience using development tools such as JUnit/Cactus, Eclipse, WSAD, RAD6, CVS/Subversion
· Proven track record in developing high quality applications
· Ability to mentor other developers and provide technical direction on application architecture.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications.
· Proven experience working in complex technology environments
Possesses wide base of experience in many disciplines of information technology including:
· Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
· Optimum Web Application design for maximum performance
· Operating Systems - Windows and Linux
· Performance Management and Capacity Planning
· Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
· BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems