Lead Embedded Software Engineer (Redmond, WA)
at WideNet Consulting Group in Washington-Bellevue/Redmond
GENERAL SUMMARY: Long term contract 9-12 months with extensions
I’m looking for a Lead Embedded Software Engineer for our Research and Development division. This role will need to provide software technical direction for multiple software items that execute on distributed ARM-based and microcontroller-based platforms. You should be able to perform activities in all phases of the Software Life Cycle, from requirements through design, implementation, testing, and maintenance. You would also be responsible for software planning, leadership, coaching, and adherence to the quality system. This engineer must be equally comfortable in meetings with management and stakeholders, technical exchanges and documentation with fellow engineers, and rolling up the sleeves for hands-on work including developing code or troubleshooting hardware and software.
• Generating Software Development Plans and Work Breakdown Structures
• Reporting status
• Designing software architecture and modular software components
• Driving decisions in early product concepts
• Providing work direction to a team of engineers (onsite and offsite)
• Ensuring software adheres to the architecture
• Understanding of traceability requirements to support software certification
• Identifying and correcting software that does not meet coding and quality standards
• Mentoring and coaching software engineers
The lead software engineer may also be required to perform the implementation activities as necessary. Thus, they need to be competent in all of the following areas:
• Working closely with systems engineers to define interfaces
• Working closely with hardware engineers to define platforms
• Generating software requirements
• Bringing up new boards
• Documenting software detailed design
• Implementing software and unit tests according to design documentation
• Supporting software integration on the hardware
• Troubleshooting systems integration and software
• Ensuring deliverables and work products adhere to the quality system
Requirements BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 9-13 Years with B.S.
• 7-11 Years with M.S.
• 4-8 Years with PhD
• Excellent verbal and written documentation and communication skills.
• Strong ability to influence individuals and groups
• Knowledge of good architectural design methodologies and patterns
• Excellent understanding of interfaces between operating systems, drivers, middleware, and application
• Experience bringing up new boards, including bootloader and hardware verification software
• Experience with wireless protocols, including WiFi, Bluetooth, and Cellular
• Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• Demonstrated ability to determine and meet project objectives.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of C and C++.
• Experience with one or more POSIX-compliant real-time operating systems
• Hands on experience with ARM processors (e.g. OMAP, i.MX) and microcontrollers (e.g. MSP430, PIC)
• Demonstrated understanding of and ability to follow good software development processes
• Personable, able to work well in an open team environment and with outsource partners.
Call Joseph Rogel at WideNet Consulting 206-851-2400 email@example.com
Follow me on twitter “itrecruiter101”