Principal Software J2EE Engineer
at Verticalmove, Inc. in Arizona-Phoenix
Principal Software J2EE Engineer
PLEASE NOTE PRIOR TO APPLYING: WE'RE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUALS COMING FROM ENTERPRISE OR CONSUMER SOFTWARE COMPANIES ONLY (THINK SIMILAR TO YAHOO, MICROSOFT, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AOL, REAL NETWORKS, ETC).
We're considered to be a very successful, fast-moving, agile and iterative consumer-facing dot-com with locations in San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA, Tempe, AZ and San Francisco, CA that is backed by both Kleiner Perkins (Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Google, Amazon) and Goldman Sachs. We're profitable, growing aggressively (organically and through acquisitions) and exceed $1/4 billion in annual revenues.
- Ability to create medium to large sized Java applications from start to finish on their own.
- This includes but is not limited to the following: customer interaction, validating requirements, system design, development of complex SQL queries, interaction with a J2EE application server (preferably Web Logic), experience with the various J2EE APIs, development builds, application deployments, integration/enterprise testing, and support of applications within a production environment.
Platform and Skill Set Expertise:
- Web Development : HTML, JSP, Apache
- Data search, mobile app and platform development experience.
- QA Testing : Unit test case Development/ JUnit
- Software/Application Development : J2EE, Axis XML Web Services, Struts, JSP , Java Script , SOAP, Web Logic Application Server 10g, Oracle 11g, Linux
- Database Development: Oracle
- Design Skills & Tools: UML, Object Oriented Design, Visio
- Source Code Control: Subversion
- Write middle-tier Java code.
- Ensure that every coding path is unit tested and nearly bug free.
- Participate in full integration testing.
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discovered during deployment.
- 9+ years of system development experience using the following technologies: Java i18n, J2EE Technologies including JSP/Servlets, EJB3, JMS, JDBC, JMX, JMS, and Web Services/SOA, XML, XSL, SOAP.
- 9+ recent years of experience in data integration/architecture, enterprise information integration and/or ETL.
- Experience architecting and developing web-based systems, data processing systems, and enterprise integration systems
- Experience using different development methodologies including SDLC, Scrum, and/or Agile, and test-driven development
- Experience using development tools such as JUnit/Cactus, Eclipse, WSAD, RAD6, CVS/Subversion
- Proven track record in developing high quality applications
- Ability to mentor other developers and provide technical direction on application architecture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with gathering and documenting technical requirements and specifications.
- Proven experience working in complex technology environments
- Possesses wide base of experience in many disciplines of information technology including: Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Optimum Web Application design for maximum performance, Operating Systems - Windows and Linux
- Performance Management and Capacity Planning
- Application Program Interfaces (APIs), Messaging Software and Interoperability Techniques and Standards
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems