Principal Automation Engineer
at Verticalmove, Inc. in Arizona-Phoenix
Principal Automation Engineer
PLEASE NOTE PRIOR TO APPLYING: WE'RE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUALS COMING FROM ENTERPRISE OR CONSUMER SOFTWARE COMPANIES ONLY (THINK SIMILAR TO YAHOO, MICROSOFT, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AOL, REAL NETWORKS, ETC).
We're considered to be a very successful, fast-moving, agile and iterative consumer-facing dot-com with locations in San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA, Tempe, AZ and San Francisco, CA that is backed by both Kleiner Perkins (Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Google, Amazon) and Goldman Sachs. We're profitable, growing aggressively (organically and through acquisitions) and exceed $1/4 billion in annual revenues.
As a member of client's Software Quality Assurance (QA) team, the Principal Automation Engineer will be responsible for systematic software testing across all product lines. The chosen candidate will be responsible for writing functional and regression test plans, executing test plans, and reporting and tracking defect resolution. The chosen candidate will be involved in requirement reviews, design discussions, and will document deliverable artifacts.
- Design, implement, execute, and debug both manual test cases and automated test scripts using a variety of testing techniques.
- Create test cases based on testing requirements that are derived from reviewing product specifications, requirements, and discussions with Product Managers and Engineering.
- Setup of test data in the database as needed to reproduce issues and execute positive, negative, and edge case testing.
- Document product functionality and business logic using flowcharts and MS Word documents and publish them on SharePoint.
- Perform smoke testing on new product releases during nighttime deployments.
- Create bug reports and communicate issues with development and other stakeholders.
- Track product defects found during validation testing and report issue status and quality metrics to management.
- Triage production support issues and work with Project Managers and development staff to resolve issues.
- Verify resolved defects in each release and perform manual and automated regression testing.
- Four-year college MIS, CS, or related degree in an accredited university.
- 9 or more years in a software testing or software engineering role.
- Minimum of 9 years experience performing validation testing in web-based environments (e.g. HTML, Java, PHP, XML, CRM applications, and .NET framework).
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Selenium, Cucumber, JMeter, LoadUI, Quick Test Pro (QTP), and other automation products.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in developing Automation for Functional, Load, Regression and Performance Testing.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as SOAP, XML, HTML, and CSS.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, or MySQL).
- Experience capturing test requirements, test cases, and generating test plans using HP Quality Center (HPQC).
- Experience using MS Office and MS Project to create QA-related documentation and artifacts.
- Solid understanding of the Agile or SCRUM development process and software release processes.
- Experience using different test strategies to create test plans and automation scripts that cover positive, negative, and edge case testing.
- Must be a self-starter who is highly organized, hands-on, and a team player.
- Experience working in a multi-site team with offshore resources.
- Experience with the RightNow CRM and SalesForce.com
- Project management experience with PMI, PMP, or Six Sigma certifications.
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite (such as JIRA and Greenhopper).