Senior Build Engineer
at Verticalmove, Inc. in Arizona-Phoenix
Senior Build Engineer
PLEASE NOTE PRIOR TO APPLYING: WE'RE SEARCHING FOR INDIVIDUALS COMING FROM ENTERPRISE OR CONSUMER SOFTWARE COMPANIES ONLY (THINK SIMILAR TO YAHOO, MICROSOFT, FACEBOOK, GOOGLE, AOL, REAL NETWORKS, ETC).
We're considered to be a very successful, fast-moving, agile and iterative consumer-facing dot-com located in San Diego, CA, Irvine, CA and Tempe, AZ that is backed by both Kleiner Perkins (Facebook, Zynga, Groupon, Google, Amazon) and Goldman Sachs. We're profitable, growing aggressively (organically and through acquisitions) and exceed $ 1/4 billion in annual revenues.
- Setup environment for efficient build and deployment per requirements provided by our team.
- Help establish the efficient and reliable build and deployment process.
- Install and configure tools for automated build and deployment.
- Install and configure Java EE application servers.
- Write automated custom build and deployment scripts for automated builds and deployments in clustered environment.
- Troubleshooting and resolve continuous build/deployment issues
- 7+ years hands-on J2EE build and deployment experience in enterprise systems.
- 5+ years with J2EE-stack application servers (WebLogic, Tomcat, .NET, IIS).
- 3+ years with Spring Batch framework.
- 5+ years hands-on experience with complex build systems.
- Expert knowledge of source control management systems (Subversion) and code branching/merging strategies.
- Expert knowledge of build-time dependency management (Maven).
- Experience automating network configuration (F5, Firewall).
- Expert knowledge of unit testing and code-coverage tools in Java enterprise systems (JUnit, PMD, Cobertura).
- Expertise with build automation tools (CruiseControl, Hudson, Bamboo).
- Experience with various scripting languages (sh, PERL, php).
- Experience with Linux environments.
- Experience with SQL and relational databases administration (Oracle).
- Experience integrating with code development tools (Eclipse, Crucible, Cornerstone, JIRA).
- Familiarity with functional test automation techniques and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well with developers, test engineers, and non-engineering personnel.
- Ability to excel within an "agile" environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, continuous integration, shared ownership, test-driven development, etc.).
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and is committed to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; can set priorities and follow a timeline.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment.