PRINCIPAL ENGINEER/ARCHITECT: CLOUD COMPUTING, SAAS APPLICATIONS
at Verticalmove, Inc. in California-San Francisco
This is a full-time role. Please only candidates with valid US work authorization.
I can relocate those in the United States, I can transfer visas.
Contact me for any questions: panderson (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
Relocation Offered for USA Residents ONLY. H1b transfers are welcome. Green Card Assistance available.
Interested in working for what is considered to be the #1 most innovative company in Enterprise and Consumer Software? How about working for one of the top three (3) fastest growing companies in the world? We're one of the worlds largest and most successful 'cloud computing' technology (infrastructure and applications) companies and pioneered the multi-tenancy architecture long before Google, Microsoft or Amazon. We have one of the largest and most scalable cloud deployments in the industry (billions of daily transactions with 18ms of latency).
We're perceived as being a series of smaller start-up companies under a larger umbrella, each having their own autonomy to innovate and deliver exciting new products and distributed services. We aren't afraid to pioneer and take chances in the industry as we believe innovation is important and is best for our customers and their need(s).
Don't be concerned about getting bored.. That's really no problem because we encourage our Engineers to move around from group to group. In fact, we have a policy that is meant to facilitate internal transfers to different groups without issue, interested in moving to Infrastructure, Core or Applications, no problem after each major release. We also informally review your performance every (3) three-months, which gives you a tremendous opportunity to move up the ranks whereas most companies only review every (12) months.
Consider having a conversation with us. We'd be pleased to answer your questions about technical challenges, titles and responsibility, and compensation. Having this name on your resume will definitely open doors for you further down the road in your career.
Successful candidates will be developing highly useful and massively distributed software solutions deployed throughout the cloud. Candidate will be focused upon delivering the software backbone for the most successful, largest-scale, cloud computing deployment in the entire world.
Records that our company set in 2012:
- Hit record of 14.6B customer-facing transactions/month
- Hit record of 206B underlying database transactions
- Average response time of 225ms
- 68% year-over-year growth in Object Count (32B)
- 250 Patents filed (25% increase over highest number of patent filings per year)
- 3 major releases & 526 total releases in FY12
- Design and implementation of major subsystems of our clients service
- Make design decisions and be able to defend them in front of our core architecture team on the basis of performance, scalability, and future expansion.
- Develop high-quality, production ready code that can be used by millions of users of our cloud platform.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation through our products
- Lead by example and build consensus across technology and products
- 7+ years software product development experience in Java.
- Strong software engineering skills.
- Strong understanding of database design and SQL development.
- Algorithm design and analysis.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable.