SENIOR/LEAD SEARCH ENGINEER: 4TH FASTEST GROWING COMPANY IN THE WORLD
at Verticalmove, Inc. in California-San Francisco
This is a full-time role. Please only candidates with valid US work authorization.
I can relocate those in the United States, I can transfer visas.
Contact me for any questions: panderson (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
It's simple. No long description for this client needed! Latest in Cloud Computing technology (Infrastructure and Applications). Life and Work balance easily found within - offering 5wks PTO year-one, 6wks PTO year-two. 15-30% bonuses. 401k matching. Profitable. Publicly Traded. Top 10 Name. Quarterly Promotion Reviews and more..
Having this company on your resume is sure to open many doors throughout your career.
As the Development Manager of our Core Infrastructure team you will lead the team responsible for the underlying technologies that enable our client's amazing growth. You will manage a team of world-class, highly motivated software engineers and will be expected to both challenge and be challenged. You will ensure your team builds a high quality software architecture while meeting the needs of our growing service and organization. In order to effectively manage this team, you will need exceptional leadership skills, a solid background using object oriented methodologies, exposure to agile development methodologies, and the ability to operate within short release cycles. You will collaborate closely with QA, technical operations, and cross-functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Daily management of objectives, priorities, tradeoffs, risk and performance management of all reporting staff.
- Provide technical leadership, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Assign areas of ownership, ensure engineers have clear priorities and adequate resources
- Maintain high morale and motivate engineers to go above and beyond
- Participate in architecture discussions and planning with Product Management and Quality Engineering
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help your team make good decisions
- Prior development or management experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience with agile development methodology
- 6+ years software development experience with a distinguished track record on technically demanding projects
- 2+ years software management experience
- Proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects on tight schedules
- Strong technical skills in Object-Oriented Programming (preferably Java), Web Application Development, and database technologies
- Ability to motivate people, instill accountability and achieve results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational aptitude, and time management skills
- Agile, proactive, comfortable working with ambiguous specifications and can prioritize on the fly.
- Experience in short release cycles, the full software lifecycle, and have worked on a product that was actually released for public consumption
- Outstanding attention to detail and communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science highly desirable