Senior Software Engineer
at Verticalmove, Inc. in California-San Francisco
These are full-time, permanent, direct hire roles. Candidates MUST have valid US work authorization. Please only local area candidates.
Contact me for any questions ashatzka (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
HIRING IMMEDIATELY OPEN TO RECENT Computer Science Grads
Looking for an established, smaller (100+ people) pre-IPO company that is heavily involved in the Ad Content and Consumer Forum Network space who is building a brand-new platform from scratch? They are already successful with other revenue generating products and now is the chance to come in at the ground level on something new and exciting. The company is already successful with offices here in the Bay Area as well as LA and NYC. The company has an established engineering group but this is a brand-new product.
Seeking a Talented Software Engineer for the Analytics and Data Team.
- Capturing, processing, & publishing huge amounts of data from a number of sources (Web application logs, web APIs, internal databases, etc.).
- Ideal position for a recent Computer Science Graduate
- Experience with Hadoop, hive, pig, map/reduce – a Plus
- Experience with Memcached, Redis, Tokyo Cabinet (in-memory cahcing) a Plus
- Experience with IDE (Eclipse) a Plus
- Experience with Distributed Programming a Plus
- 2 Plus years of Java programming experience and coursework
- At ease in a Unix/Linux environment and the command line
- Understanding of algorithms and objected-oriented programming
- Practical knowledge of data modeling and SQL databases
- “Know how” with at least one language outside of Java and SQL (Python, Groovy, Scala, PHP, Perl, etc.)
- BS in Computer Science, Symbolic Systems or related