Senior Product Manager
at verticalmove in California-Silicon Valley/San Jose
Our client provides an affordable on-demand sales compensation solution allowing companies to improve their business performance through the use of more effective sales compensation programs. They enable companies to design, implement, manage, audit and communicate sales compensation programs. By providing more effective plans and better visibility, these companies can dramatically improve sales performance.
With clients that include Akamai, Blackboard, Concur, DHL, DemandTec, eHealth.com, Genius, Informatica, John Hancock, Lexis-Nexis, Linkedin, Motorola, NBC, NTT, Opsource, Paypal, RiverBed, Salesforce.com, Siemens, SuccessFactors, Taleo, Tibco, Walgreen, Workday, Yamaha and Zuora to name a few their solution is being implemented over a vast variety of companies.
We are looking for a talented product management professional to complement the team. This person will develop new product strategies and 'own' products through the entire product life-cycle. The ideal candidate will also be a product evangelist with the ability to clearly discuss and communicate product value and benefits to customers, prospects, and partners.
In technical terms, our solutions automate the process of aggregating data from disparate systems into a secure, hosted repository, and enable companies to leverage this business data, which is the lifeblood of sales performance management. We help companies improve operational performance, optimize sales effectiveness, proactively manage risk and compliance, and maximize profits.
As a product manager and owner, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing the marketplace, customers, and competitors to determine the right functionality to bring to market along with overall prioritization while balancing priorities for customer needs and competitive strategy.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going communication with customers and prospects.
- Evangelizing the product vision throughout the organization and market.
- Developing marketing requirements, product requirements, user stories, and feature requirements, to maintain the product backlog of priorities in close collaboration with engineering, operations and business leaders.
- Monitoring progress of the product through the product development life cycle, identifying risks and opportunities, keeping senior management informed.
- Supporting the product release process from user stories and requirements through customer adoption.
- Working with engineering to scope product delivery and understand development alternatives as well as support build/buy economics when applicable.
- Supporting product marketing and sales through marketing campaigns, webinars, customer focused groups and customer visits.
- Helping drive client and user adoption of products.
- Experience in objectives management (MBO/KSO) applications.
- Experience in incentive compensation management applications a plus.
- 3+ years product management experience in the software industry.
- Demonstrable experience with product design, on-demand applications a plus.
- Self starter, broad thinker, strategic planner, proven project manager, strong analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or related field.