**Oracle DBA Needed to Work on High Profile, Internationally Known Website with 50 Million Members**
at Bring IT Inc. in Washington-Seattle
We are in need of an Oracle Database Administrator that will be responsible for maintaining and administering the large, complex databases that support this Company’s high profile site. If you have the following skills, please reply with your resume for immediate consideration. Thank you for your interest!
In this position, you’ll monitor databases and respond immediately to critical conditions. You’ll defuse possible problems before they become critical; ensure database reliability, availability, and performance; and institute and maintain backup and recovery procedures. You’ll also update and upgrade the site and fine-tune production resources to achieve optimal performance.
You will not only manage databases, you will help develop and maintain tools that make managing them easier. You will assist in the migration towards simplified and more efficient deploy mechanisms. You’ll work collaboratively along with Dev, QA, Systems and the business division to design and implement database solutions, clone databases to create multiple environments, tune the DB layer, and troubleshoot any database issues. You’ll respond to existing issues and have the opportunity to contribute new ideas.
· Maintain and administer the large, complex databases that support their website, monitor databases and respond immediately to critical conditions.
· Defuse possible problems before they become critical; ensure database reliability, availability, and performance; and institute and maintain backup and recovery procedures.
· Update and upgrade the site and fine-tune production resources to achieve optimal performance.
· Work with the application support team to identify areas for simplification and unification with system standards for installation, configuration and startup
· Build and improve upon scripts to automate common tasks
· Research and adopt open source tools that perform data management and caching, where traditional RDBMS might not be the right solution.
· Carrying Pager during the Oncall rotation when you’ll be responsible for 24-hour coverage.
· 4-5 years experience with Oracle 11g and 10g Enterprise Edition
· 3-5 years experience with MySQL
· Experience with PostgreSQL a plus
· Oracle Dataguard
· Oracle RMAN
· Experience working on 24/7 production three-tier systems and troubleshooting performance issues
· Good understanding of Unix or Linux platforms, process interaction, and memory management
· Experience with perl, and bash scripting. Experience with Python a plus
· Oracle Replication
· 3-5 years experience working as an Oracle DBA using Solaris and Linux platforms