Visual Designer Internship
at Catchpoint Systems in New York-New York City
Are you looking to join an exciting startup? This can be your opportunity.
Catchpoint Systems is a New York City startup, building a new web based SaaS application targeted to Fortune 1000 and top internet companies. We are looking for a Visual Design Intern to join our product development team this summer. You will get exposure to web application design and product development by working closely with product management and engineering. The ideal intern will be a self starter that is not afraid of ambiguity and have a passion for visual design, web technologies, and innovation.
- Work with the Visual Design team to create designs that are astute and elegant
- Solve complex visual design problems and produce high-quality visuals for use on web
- Create multiple design options for various projects
- Produce graphics and visuals for print and online marketing materials
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. HTML and CSS knowledge a big plus.
- Comfortable with color theory, layouts, GESTALT, and icon design
- Strong interest in web application design
- Have some experience in designing interfaces (project or previous internships)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- The completion of 3 years of an accredited college level design program
- Portfolio of design work for web graphics
- Available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week