Retirement & Benefits Specialist / Renton,WA
at WideNet Consulting Group in Washington-Seattle
I'm looking for a Retirement & Benefits Specialist for the Renton, WA area. This is a contract to permanent opportunity. You will be providing support to the company's retirement programs, as well as program participants, employees, retirees, and other identified customer groups. It is responsible for providing customer service to meets the needs of retirement plan participants and customers through process facilitation; information sharing; transaction management and oversight; data integrity management; customer service; and program administration.
In this position you will:
• Answer questions and respond to callers on the through the Call Center line. Direct callers or perform research to answer questions, as appropriate. Respond to inquiries and requests for information, including call-backs, in a timely manner.
• Support retirement transactions, including data entry; data/information updates; preparing retirement benefit calculations and estimates for retirees, vested terminations, etc.; processing distribution applications; compiling data and summary information; completing transaction requests and requirements of plan participants.
• Answers Tier II questions from phones and emails. Proactively trend in-bound calls and notify team leader and team members of any issues, regarding types of inquiries received, increased call volumes, or obstacles to service delivery to plan participants and other customers.
• Assist with and plan knowledge documentation, and answers questions from PowerPoints via webchats. Test system upgrade and other deployments.
• Participate in/assist with new hire on-the-job training and job shadowing.
• Attend benefit fairs or workshops to answer questions and distribute retirement information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Minimum of an Associates Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration, or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Minimum of two (2) years of relevant retirement experience.
Intermediate knowledge of pension/retirement plan or benefit plan management software and call center systems
Intermediate knowledge of the fundamentals of Defined Contribution, Cash Balance, and Defined Benefit Plans
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
Continuing education to develop and advance basic skill set is preferred in the areas of Pension Plans, Retirement Plans, Benefits, Compensation, or other professional/business skill development (examples include CEBS, WP, BC, etc.).
Intermediate, specific knowledge of PH&S plans is preferred.
Systems we use are CMS, Northern Trust, PSW, Lawson, Kronos, Outlook, excel and Word.
For more information, please call Joe Rogel at WideNet Consulting 206-851-2400
Follow me on twitter: itrecruiter101