SENIOR ANDROID ENGINEER: LOCATION-BASED SOCIAL PLATFORM
at Verticalmove, Inc. in California-San Francisco
This is a full-time role. Please only candidates with valid US work authorization.
I can relocate those in the United States, I can transfer visas.
Contact me for any questions: panderson (@) verticalmove (dot) com
Learn about me here:
Mobile innovation is bridging the gap between the real-world and online social networking and we are at the forefront of this new paradigm shift. We are a fast-growing startup combining location-based technology with realtime social discovery to create a contemporary mobile platform that is gaining 5,000 new users per day. As seen on NBC, CNN, and 'Good Morning America', our product already has a fanatical following in New York and Los Angeles and it is spreading quickly through cities across the globe.
You will be a key contributor within our small mobile team and help shape the future of our Android applications. We need you to be energetic, fun and creative in your approach to you work as you will be making decisions and building software that changes the way millions of people use their mobile device.
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, maintainable Android code to be installed on millions of devices
- Continually offer thought-leadership and dependable execution ability in a high-paced environment characterized by ongoing iteration and product pushes
- Play a key role in backend development, troubleshoot and help shape the architecture of new features
- Recent Android development experience
- 3+ years experience building fast growing web or mobile products
- Experience utilizing Android frameworks to help create user interfaces that are fast and intuitive to use.
- Familiar with the Android market place and app device/OS compatibility on Android.
- Familiar with mobile advertising and 3rd party SDK integration is a huge plus
- Experience using version control repositories
- Comfortable with agile/scrum development process and code reviews.
BS or MS in Computer Science or similar discipline highly desired